Did you know that lemon, filled with citrus or Vitamin C, is one of the healthiest drinks to include in your diet?
It has been scientifically proven that when you drink hot or lukewarm lemon detox water just half an hour before your breakfast, it detoxifies your body.
Lemon water enables our stomach or gut to work wonderfully well and helps to break the undigested food. That’s been possible because of the high count of Vitamin C in lemon.
Many dieticians categorize vitamin C as the most powerful antioxidant that deals with the inflammation of your stomach. That is why lemon detox drinks work fairly well for those who want to tone their stomach and remove extra fat.
Let’s dig deep into how hot lemon water can be your next best friend to improve your health altogether.
Health Benefits of Lemon Water
- A rich source of faster digestion
Drinking refreshing lemon water early in the morning attacks the heavy food residues in your intestine that have failed to break down themselves. Also, the citric acid allows your stomach to be light again before you start your meals.
After you drink, it takes about 20 to 30 minutes for your stomach to feel empty again. That’s why it is recommended to drink with an empty stomach.
- Balance the pH
When your stomach is imbalanced or goes through inflammation, the hot lemon water helps to create balance. For heartburns or unnecessary burps also it is very helpful.
- Detoxify your skin
The natural antioxidant and detoxifying agent in lemon help your skin to cleanse. Moreover, if you add honey, ginger, or mint, it can become your next favorite refreshing detox. It boosts your skin’s pending glow.
- Toned down fat
Do you think you are overweight and cannot stop yourself from being a foodie? This hot lemon water drink is best for weight loss if added with honey, ginger, and mint.
The pectin fiber in lemon makes you fuller and fight off the existing hunger cravings. Adding these natural ingredients avoid your stomach to hog onto something for a while.
- Removes blemishes from your skin
It fades away the dullness from your face by removing the early signs of aging from the first week or so.
How To Make Lemon Water Detox
Let’s enjoy the recipes of most incredible lemon weight loss drinks.
1. Lemon + Honey Water
- One medium lemon and then cut it into half.
- Squeeze some lemon juice around 2 teaspoons or 10 ml of juice.
- Get filtered water about 230-240 ml, boiled over the stove for 2-4 minutes.
- After boiling, add lemon juice and 1 tbsp. honey and pour it into the glass.
2. Lemon + Cucumber + Mint
For this refreshing lemon detox water, you need
- 3 liters water, 2 sliced lemons, 10 or 12 mint leaves, and ½ cucumber.
- Gently mix all these ingredients in a jar and keep it in the fridge overnight to release flavor.
- Boil and drink it the next morning.
3. Lemon + Ginger + Mint
This famous weight loss drink makes your skin supple and healthy. Even this detox drink works well for your regular hangover after a night party.
- 3-4 liters of water, 10 or more mint leaves, 2 medium-sized sliced-lemons, and 1-inch Ginger slice.
- Mix ingredients in mason jar or jug.
- Keep the mixture in the fridge overnight or for a few hours to dissolve the flavor.
- Next morning, boil half a cup or full, as per your need.
- Drink this infused water before your first meal.
4. Lemon + Blueberry + Mint
This detox water can take 4 to 8 hours when you put it into the fridge after mixing all ingredients. So, prepare it a day before you plan to drink.
- 3 liters water + 10-12 mint leaves + 2-3 lemons slices + ¼ cup blueberries + mason jar to pour
- You must wash all the ingredients properly first. Then squeeze the juice out of the sliced lemons and pour it into the water.
- Fold the leaves and rub them together a bit just before immersing in the water. After that, put the blueberries.
- Keep the jar lid tight and store inside the fridge.
- Next morning take out the quantity you would like to drink.
- Boil this refreshing detox water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drink it around 30 minutes before your breakfast.
Lemon weight loss drinks are the best for our skin, digestive system, and overall health. You must develop this habit to keep your belly and skin in order.
Featured Image: Freepik