“When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” —Helen Keller
We all know, sometimes life sucks. And it’s very normal.
The most convenient way to initiate a good mood is a daily reminder of how amazing you are.
Millions of people are weighed down to sorrows that their perspective regarding happiness is only a healed heart but not a happy one.
Don’t destroy your soul with negative words as it will only result in pain and isolation. It takes you so deep down in the ocean that it will become difficult to make your way back.
When you feel low and sad, you can do so many things to lift your mood.
“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” ―Oprah Winfrey
You just need to notice those soul loving things. This will inspire you to take those roads that you always dreamed to walk by.
“If you want happiness for an hour—Take A Nap. If you want happiness for a day—Go Fishing. If you want happiness for a year—Inherit A Fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime—Help Someone Else.” — Chinese Proverb
Amazing Things You Can Do To Get A Good Mood
When you start losing ourselves in the whole process of dark thoughts and anxieties which utter only nonsense, that is the time when you can actually save your ship from sinking deep by shifting to other inspiring ways.
These happy and helpful ways will definitely lift your mood to cheer up you shortly!
- Start your day with a cup of coffee.
- Wash your face with cold water or you can take a detox bubble bath.
- Smile often.
- Wear your most favorite dress.
- Go on a ride to your favorite place.
- Listen to your favorite music.
- Do something you would love to do alone.
- Take a long relaxing nap.
- Meditate as breathing helps in releasing the negative hormones i.e. cortisol.
- Call up your friend.
- Treat yourself with grocery shopping and a good meal.
- Go on a berserk of gratitude as once you start acknowledging the things you love, it will bring you in a good mood.
- Go for a nature walk and listen to birds and feel the nature.
- Watch your favorite movie or TV show.
- Shop something online if you are not in mood to go out.
- Stretch your body.
- Make yourself feel worthy and appreciate how you have come through such a long road.
- Clean your surroundings.
- Dance on upbeat song.
- Go for shopping to treat you a brand new dress.
- Hug someone you love as its one of the best mood elevator.
- Go outside and absorb some sunshine.
- Bid adieu to your smartphone for a while and greet what you have besides it.
- Watch your favorite childhood-time cartoons.
- Read something inspiring.
- Practice yoga and other soothing exercise.
- Always keep candies or chocolates to lighten up your mood.
- Create your favorite playlist.
- Isolate yourself for a while and look in the mirror giving a pep talk and smiling. This will help you come back to life if you are badly buzzed off.
- Positive affirmations is another great way to shift you into a good mood.
- Do something that is meaningful and you love to do, that can be gardening, walking, riding, playing, meditating, gaming, crafting, coloring, cooking, or anything.
- Complete that work you have always been willing to do.
- Create a blog to help others by revealing your struggling and inspiring stories.
- Go on a discovering spree in your own town.
- Play with your pet and cuddle them.
- Plan a getaway with yourself or your friends or maybe a random group of people.
- Take out your gratitude journal and start writing the things you are grateful for.
- Get a head massage or a full body spa.
- Throw yourself into the memory lane and take a good walk remembering all the happy days.
- Meet your old friends.
- Write all your negative thoughts putting you down and burn the paper or flush it.
- Practice a good deed maybe by helping the poor or homeless.
- Do something out of the blue, like, if you have never painted, do so.
- Get rid of energy vampires as they will drain your positivity and leave you with remorse.
- Visualize your ideal self that you look up to and always want to be.
- Indulge yourself in the fragrances that lift your mood and leave serene thoughts by lighting up a candle or maybe good aromas filtering all the negative air.
- Good time to listen to yogis.
- Read some uplifting quotes and stick them to your wardrobe, refrigerator, or living room area to remind you.
- Start chanting mantra, if spirituality attract you.
- “Out of difficulties grow miracles” – Jean de la Bruyere. Keep a check on maintaining your hope it always leads to good results.
“It’s been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.” —L.M. Montgomery
The practice of getting ourselves into a good mood can be difficult for you but definitely not impossible.
Therefore keep trying your best to encounter all the negatives from your life and keep space for all the scintillating things.
A contaminated area isn’t the best place one would like to be. So, just clear it up and live your life as every day is a good mood day.
“Most obstacles melt away when we make up our minds to walk boldly through them.” —Orison Swett Marden
Featured Image: Freepik